Friday, December 18, 2009

Age appropriate toys

I want Zavier to move beyond the puzzles, books, and trains, and start playing with toys that his peers are playing with, like action figures. He does like to mess with them, but doesn't come up with any type of inventive play. Since they are working on his play skills in ABA right now, I thought I'd get him some action figure/equipment toys. I found Monsters vs Aliens on amazon.com. They arrived yesterday, and I took them all out of the packaging, and left them set up on his table last night while he was sleeping.

When he woke up this morning, he saw it...



...and exclaimed, "Christmas!" and ran over to it. He started to parallel play with Kyrsten:




...and then later with his therapist Melanie, who said he did great with it. They are now going to work on expanding play. Great!