Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Electronic gold mine

Today we went to Sears to pick up Zavier's sisters' glasses.

Zavier: "Mommy, go up."
Me: "You want me to pick you up?"
Zavier: "No...go upstairs."
Me: "You want to take the escalator upstairs?"
Zavier: "Yes."
Me: "Why?"
Zavier: "I want movies."
Me: "Ok."

So we all rode the escalator upstairs, but the movies were no longer there. I suggested we look for them downstairs, in the toy section. They weren't there either, so we just looked at toys for ideas for Z's wish list.

Me: "Zavier, what do you think about the cars? Do you like them?"
Zavier: "No."
Me: "How about these Buzz Light year things..."
Zavier: "No."
Me: "Oh look! This is really cool, it's like a puzzle..."
Zavier: "No."

Then we turned the corner and jackpot! The electronic section. Zavier's eyes lit up, and he ran over to it (Zavier hardly ever runs for anything).

Zavier: "LeapFrog Explorer! Videos! I want push buttons. Can I have pen? I want pway. Mommy, can I have LeapFrog Explorer?...."
Me: "Yeah, here you go. I have to lean it down so you can see it. Oh look at what Abby is playing with Z, do you like that too?"
Zavier: "Yes! V Reader!"

So then he started to play with the V Reader with one hand, and the LeapFrog Explorer with the other.

If there is a heaven on Earth, Zavier was in it today.