Sunday, January 9, 2011

Church

Usually Zavier sits with us during the church service, rather than attending the kids group. I'm trying to teach him now to sit quietly, so that in a few years when he's too old for kids group, he already knows how to behave in church. Right now, he's allowed to sit with the iPhone and watch video clips on mute.

But today, he had a hard time keeping quiet. The video clips were funny to him, so he laughed loudly. I had to bring him to kids group, and I wasn't sure how it would go, so I stayed with him. They were playing a video and working on arts and crafts. He amazed me. First, he cut out snowflakes with scissors. Then, he followed the directions on the kids video to dance, do certain hand movements like clapping or raising arms, etc. And he said hi to everyone who greeted him. It was wonderful to see.