Sunday, February 13, 2011

Shy

Today two attractive, female solicitors came to the door. When I answered it, Zavier ran from the computer to the door and said to them: "Hi!"

Female 1: "Well hello there. Aren't you cute. How old are you?"
Zavier: "I am six years old."
Female 2: "Oh, he's six? That is so sweet."

Zavier then looked down, and kept his eyes down.

Female 1: "Aww, he's shy. Are you shy, little man?"

Zavier kept his eyes down.

Female 2: "He is just the cutest little shy little boy I've ever seen."


I smiled. No, I beamed. This was a normal social interaction. I didn't care that they thought he was shy. "Shy" is fine - typical kids are shy. Zavier wasn't acting autistic, he actually greeted them at the door and answered their q. I was BEAMING.

After they left, I gave him a big hug.

Me: "I'm so proud of you, Zavier."
Z: "I so proud you, Mommy."