Thursday, December 3, 2009

School

Today I had to pick Zavier up at school early, because I couldn't be in two places at once (this time, lol). I stood there for a while, chatting with his teacher, watching him on the playground. He was sitting in a large wheelbarrow type of seat behind a bike, hoping that a smaller classmate would start to pedal and thus pull him. After a few minutes, the peer did, and then got stuck on the grass, so Zavier got out.

Zavier then found a different available bike, and climbed on. Another boy sailed through their "intersection" and they collided. It wasn't anyone's fault, but I figured it would be good practice for him to apologize, so I said, "hey Zavier, can you say you are sorry to the boy?" He said sorry, then looked at me again, then again...double take, triple take...then his face lit up and he ran over to me and gave me a huge hug. "Hi!!!" he said enthusiastically, his eyes locked on me. "Hi buddy," I replied. "We're going home, can you get your bucket?" He walked sideways, not wanting to let me out of his sight, and ended up grabbing the wrong thing. "No, your bucket," I said. "Here, I'll help you." But he was so thrilled to see me, I don't think he cared about his school bucket. It was really sweet.