Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Christmas went well for Zavier today. He woke up, went to the bathroom, then hung out with his sisters in their room while waiting for Nana and Grandpa Kap to arrive. Then when it was time, he went to the living room and opened his presents. He seemed happy with his gifts, and would often bring them to his room after he opened them, then return for more. He received:

1. 25-30 Clifford books
2. Leapster Explorer + Dora game
3. VTech Reader + Toy Story + Dora games
4. 5 Little People dvds
5. 2 Little People cds
6. Trampoline
7. Brown Bear board game

We didn't have batteries for the VTech, so he didn't play with that yet. He did play with the Leapster, but wanted to do other things instead. He loved the Clifford books and trampoline. I rearranged his room, cleaned, and organized it to make room for the new items. He really liked his new room. He spent most of his time looking at the Clifford books, and watching the Little People dvds in my room (I have a dvd player in there).

He did realize there was a Little People dvd missing. He had memorized all of the titles on his wish list, and knew that Animal Stories wasn't there. Around 4pm, he finally said something to me.

Zavier: "Present? Can I have Animal Stories?"
Me: "Oh honey, no Animal Stories, I'm sorry. It sold out. I looked everywhere. Do you feel sad?"
Zavier: "Yes."
Me: "I'm so sorry, Zavier. I really tried. I'll keep looking, ok?"
Zavier: "Ok."
Me: "But for now, you have wonderful toys. Did you like your presents today?"
Zavier: "Yes."
Me: "That's good. I love you."
Zavier: "I wuv you."