Friday, February 18, 2011

Rain

It doesn't rain much in So Cal. When it does, it's a big deal.

Today I took Zavier with me to the store. He had planned to put his socks and shoes on in the car, but it was pouring rain, so he put them on the garage instead.

Me: "I'm going to wait for you in the car. I'll open your car door for you. When you are done putting on your socks and shoes, please run to the car, climb in, and shut the door."

I went to the car (about 8 feet away), opened his door, climbed into the driver's seat, and waited to see what he'd do. First, he put on his socks and shoes. Then he looked at the rain, and the mini-lake in front of his car door. Then he looked at me. I smiled and gestured to the car. He sighed and bolted to his side of the car, climbed in, and shut the door.

Me: "Good job, Zavier."
Zavier: "It's wet."
Me: "I know, I'm sorry."
Zavier: "It's raining!"
Me: "Yup."
Zavier: (quiet for a moment).
Me: "You ready to go?"
Zavier: "Yes."
Me: "Ok."
Zavier: "Mommy, can I have phone?"
Me: "Why, do you want to play with YouTube?"
Zavier: "Yes."
Me: "Ok here."